Dec 22, 2010

early christmas prezzies

today i had an early christmas in my studio. santa was very good to me because clearly i've been a very good girl this year....
okay, that's not the whole truth. i mean i'm definitely not on the naughty list, but santa didn't bring me any early prezzies.

what actually happened was i finally got to my alternations/repairs basket in the studio. i'm so bad. i'm a seamstress yet it takes me months (almost a year) to bring myself to fix my own garments.

it felt like christmas because i had completely forgotten what was in the basket. there were a few things i had never worn because i planned on altering them first. there were a few samples from the store i do repairs. these samples (according to them) were beyond repair; little did they know. finally there were the normal broken zippers and ripped seams.

now my closet has five additional skirts, two blouses, and a dress. so, it really does feel like an early christmas.  sadly, the alterations/repairs basket is still almost full... yikes! i hope that doesn't put me on the naughty list.
i wonder if i'll have an early birthday tomorrow when i get to doing laundry, yuck.

No comments: